Internet and Intranet
The terms Internet and Intranet are most widely used terms. Many people think both are similar, but there are lots of differences between them.
Difference between Internet and Intranet
1. Internet is wide network of computers and is open for all.
2. Internet itself contains a large number of intranets.
3. The number of users who use internet is Unlimited.
4. The Visitors traffic is unlimited.
5. Internet contains different source of information and is available for all.
1. Intranet is also a network of computers designed for a specific group of users.
2. Intranet can be accessed from Internet but with restrictions.
3. The number of users is limited.
4. The traffic allowed is also limited.
5. Intranet contains only specific group information.
Therefore the Internet is an open, public space, while an intranet is designed to be a private space. An intranet may be accessible from the Internet, but it is protected by a password and accessible only to authorized users.
Related Difference Between Posts:
- Difference between Linux and Windows
- Difference between Hard Link and Soft Link in Linux
- Difference between Addon Domain, Sub Domain and Parked Domain
- Difference between IMAP and POP
- Difference between Switch and Router
- Difference between LAN and WAN
- Difference between WEP and WPA
- Difference between Internet and Intranet
- Difference between DNS and DDNS
- Difference Between 2G and 3G Network Technology
- Difference Between Cache and Cookies
Your IP address is: 184.108.40.206
- Tech-Tutorials twitter.com/techcuriosity